If you’ve ever bitten into a hunk of luxurious vanilla fudge and wondered how to make your own, here’s your post! This is an easy vanilla fudge recipe that anyone can learn, even those new to cooking and baking for themselves. Best of all, it’s completely customizable for any occasion, or great left as-is if you just want an all-ages treat.
Move over, chocolate fudge! It’s high time that vanilla fudge took your place!
(Just kidding. All fudge is good fudge, that’s our motto at Sweets & Treats.)
Seriously, though: who doesn’t have the happiest memories of chowing down on fudge as a kid? Like, any flavor, with any toppings? And oh, that texture…chewy and delectable. If you’ve ever thought about sharing those memories with your loved ones during the holiday season—or at any time of the year, honestly—this is the easiest vanilla fudge recipe ever.
Yes, really…the easiest vanilla fudge recipe ever. There’s a lot of recipes that claim such a thing here on the big ol’ internet, but we think we’ve taken the crown here. This vanilla fudge requires ten minutes of prep and only three ingredients…one of which is totally optional. It really doesn’t get any better than that.
If you want to make our vanilla fudge more complex, though, that option is there, too. We’ve provided a whole list of mix-ins and additions for those who want to customize this fudge for any occasion. Just be aware that it’s also amazingly tasty by itself!
Ready for the quickest ingredients list ever? Here goes…
- White chocolate chips: To melt down and create your fudge.
- Vanilla frosting: Add this to your melted down chocolate chips and you’ll be ready to chill some fudge!
- Sprinkles: Grab your favorites, depending on the occasion! At the time of writing, we’re heading toward the winter holidays, so we’re feeling our Christmas crispies mix. However, you could use Birthday Cake sprinkles for birthdays, our Stars and Stripes mix for patriotic fudge, etc. For more inspiration, head to our Variations section, below!
(See? Three items. We told you it’s quick!)
- 8×8 square baking dish and parchment paper: Your standard baking supplies!
- Microwave-safe bowl: For melting your chocolate chips.
Everyone’s favorite part of a Sweets and Treats post is the variations section! And wow, do we have variations for vanilla fudge. We’ve tried and tested a few in particular, so let’s talk about all the ways you can customize the recipe…
Extracts and other good additions:
- Peppermint extract (a lovely Christmastime treat!)
- Eggnog (ditto!), rum, or another favorite adult beverage
- Lemon extract
- Almond extract
- Coconut extract
Toppings and mix-ins:
- Pecans, cashews, walnuts, or almonds
- Crushed candy canes (for the holiday season!)
- Dried fruit
- Cookie dough
- Crushed Oreos (cookies and cream fudge, anyone?)
- Vanilla wafers
- Graham crackers
- Mini marshmallows
Answers to common questions about this recipe!
How many pieces of fudge does this recipe produce?
About 30, give or take.
How long does it take to prepare the recipe?
The prep time is only about 10 minutes, although you’ll want to chill the fudge for 3-4 hours. This one isn’t quick, sorry, but at least it’s an easy vanilla fudge recipe.
Is this a gluten-free/dairy-free/vegan recipe?
It will depend on what brand of frosting and chocolate you use. We assume the recipe will still work with gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan substitutes. However, we haven’t tried these alternatives ourselves, so your mileage may vary! (If you do try any alternatives, please tell us about it in the comments.)
When you do, please leave us a comment down below. We always like reading about your experiences with our recipes…even if whipping them up somehow went terribly wrong! Still, this is an easy vanilla fudge recipe, so we imagine it’s all smooth sailing from here. Let us know what you think!
Chocolate can’t hog the spotlight forever! If you want more vanilla-flavored recipes, we’ve got a ton here at Sweets and Treats. Take a look at:
- ● 1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
- ● 1 can (16 oz) vanilla frosting
- ● Sprinkles
- Line a 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving overhang to lift fudge out
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips
- Heat for 1 minute, stir and continue heating for 20-30 seconds until chocolate is almost melted
- Stir until smooth
- Add frosting and stir until smooth
- Spread evenly into prepared dish
- Immediately add sprinkles and press down slightly into fudge
- Chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares
- Store in airtight container
You can also add
peppermint extract or any flavor you like for additional flavoring
Check out our newest Christmas posts too: