A few days ago we shared a whole blog post full of John Deere inspired party supplies and tractor birthday party ideas which included some super cute grass cupcakes. Today we’re back to show just how easy you can make these tractor cupcakes for your farm or John Deere birthday party!
With just a few tools of the trade, you’ll be off to the farm in no time! And of course you can make these year round by changing them up for Easter basket cupcakes too. There are so many fun themes that you can use our grass tutorial for all year long!
Don’t worry these grass cupcakes really are so simple, perfect for beginners. And using these as part of your tractor birthday party or farm party is the perfect addition!
Add a toy John Deere tractor, farm animals, hay bales and other farm themed or tractor themed items. Cupcake rings would be so fun too!
They would also be perfect for a pull apart cupcake cake since it would match side by side.
Tractor Cupcakes – Tools Needed
- cupcakes – we used our vanilla recipe
- forest green cupcake liners
- green buttercream
- large round piping tip
- grass tip 233 for piping
- Tractor Ride Sprinkles
How To Make Grass Cupcakes
- Begin by piping a smooth swirl of green buttercream (colored with green food coloring of course!) with the large round piping tip.
- Begin piping on the “grass” at the bottom of the buttercream swirl. It’s a very simple technique of press, release, and pull. By applying the pressure and then pulling, your grass stays standing up after you pull your decorating tip away. You’ll get the hang of it as you go. Continue to work your way up.
- Continue to work your way up the frosting swirl to you reach the top. You’ll now and a perfect little mound of grass.
- Top your tractor cupcakes with Tractor ride sprinkles and any toppers you would like!
While this technique we did for this particular theme, it is perfect for any Easter dessert too. Hello, easy Easter basket cupcakes! It’s just as good for cake decorating too!
Now that we’ve shown you how form grass with just a piping bag and grass piping tip, you’ll be making all the grass on your desserts. It’s fun to practice and get the hang of. You’ll be a pro in no time!
SHOP THESE TRACTOR CUPCAKES SUPPLIES!
- Goodie Bags – Forest Green Cupcake Liners
- Sprinkles – Tractor Ride
- Piping Tip – Jumbo Round
Love This Grass Cupcakes Tutorial? Check Some Other Sweet Inspiration!
- Pinata Cupcakes Tutorial
- Raspberry Buttercream Frosting
- Sprinkle Cheesecake Mousse
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe [4 Ingredients!]
- Hi Hat Cupcake Tutorial
- Quick & Easy Rainbow Sprinkle Cake
- Best Cupcake Frosting Recipe – Just 4 Ingredients!