It’s almost that time again Sweets Squad, love is in the air! Around here that can only mean one thing – pink, pink, and more pink! Did we mention we kind of love pink? Today we’re going to start things off with a beautiful and simple classic cupcake recipe, strawberry cream cheese cupcakes.
It’s a good thing pink pairs perfectly with our other one true love CUPCAKES! In order to get ready for all things lovey dovey (and pink) we’re going to share a new pink cupcake each week for the rest of this month!
These are the perfect Valentine’s Day Cupcakes!
It really is true these are the perfect pink Valentine’s cupcakes. They are super simple to make which means you have plenty of time for lots of other Valentine’s Day festivities and you can let the kids help. Speaking of kids, that’s another reason we love these cupcakes for Valentine’s Day.
Sure they make a great date night dessert for adults, but their also a classic treat that even the kiddos love too. So if you’re baking for your Valentine and you or a whole class of kids this easy strawberry cream cheese cupcakes recipe will definitely do the trick. They taste just like cheesecake cupcakes with sweet strawberry added! Who doesn’t love that?
These cupcakes start with a strawberry cake recipe from a doctored cake mix. We have plenty of scratch recipes on our blog but we also love a good doctored cake mix too!
These light and fluffy cuties are baked with fresh strawberry chunks swirled in and baked in our pink chevron cupcake liners. Finish with an effortless swirl of cream cheese frosting. To make these extra special for the kiddos we recommend adding a heart ring to the top!
How To Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Gather this list of ingredients and get baking! You’ll have these sweet pink desserts in no time!
CREAM CHEESE CUPCAKES
1 box strawberry cake mix
4 Tbsp. instant strawberry cream pudding mix
4 large eggs
½ cup sour cream
1 cup milk
¼ cup oil
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 cup unsalted butter
1 8oz. package of cream cheese
2 Tbsp. strawberry extract
8 cups powdered sugar
pink food color
- STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE CUPCAKES
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 4 Tbsp. instant strawberry cream pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 8oz. package of cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- pink food color
- Line cupcake pan with Chevron Pink BakeBright cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and milk at low speed. Once all ingredients are incorporated, beat cake batter medium/high for a full minute. Fold in chopped strawberries with spatula.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of cake batter to each cupcake liner. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While cupcakes are cooling completely, it's time to make the strawberry cream cheese frosting. Set cupcakes aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter at medium speed until smooth. Add cream cheese and cream together. Add extract and mix until combined. Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add pink coloring if desired, just a little goes a long way. If cream cheese frosting is too thick add a little more milk. If frosting is too thin add a bit more powered sugar until your desired consistency is met.
- When cupcakes are cool, pipe frosting with large round tip.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes FAQs
- Can I use frozen strawberries in my recipe instead? You can but we find fresh strawberries cook a little smoother in the batter and product soft chunks of strawberry compared to a little harder of a version with frozen fruit.
- Can I use white cake and color it instead? Absolutely! If you aren’t a fan of a strong strawberry flavor in these cheesecake cupcakes, start with white cake mix colored pink and mix in the fresh strawberries!
- Would strawberry frosting work for this cupcake recipe? You betcha! If you are looking for a hint of strawberry, try coloring your white cake mix batter pink like the question above but play around with adding fresh strawberry chunks to your cream cheese frosting too. It will give you a look similar to our cookies and cream frosting.