Today we’re sharing a fruity cupcake we’re sure you’re going to go bananas for. Introducing, Strawberry Banana Cupcakes Recipe! That’s right we’ve twisted together two of our very favorite fruity flavors to create a cupcake you can’t help but love.
Be sure to check out our first two Valentine cupcake recipe for January, Strawberry Cream Cheese, Funfetti Version, and Coconut Marshmallow Copycat Snoballs!
This is the month of all.the.pink.cupcakes! We may be posting these recipes in time for Valentine’s Day but these delicious flavors can be used year round!
Without further adieu, this classic flavor is below!
Strawberry Banana Cupcakes You Can’t Help But Love
No really, that pretty pink frosting isn’t just for fun. In this easy recipe we’ll show you how to split one batch of buttercream into two different flavors then pair them together again to create one colorful, and fruity, combination. The frosting perfectly compliments our easy strawberry cupcakes!
And because we love a theme like no other, we dressed up our strawberry banana cupcakes in our pink dot BakeBright cupcakes liners which really allowed the yellow frosting to POP!
To give these guys the crazy bananas finish we were going for we add a few banana candies and an assortment of pink and yellow sprinkles from the shop. However, our Sweet Tart sprinkle mix would do the trick as well.
Easy Strawberry Banana Cupcake Recipe
Reasy, set, go bananas! And strawberries too!
Pro tip! Check out this post to see a helpful way to make icing pods to make multi color frosting cupcakes super easy.
Easy Strawberry Banana Cupcakes
Strawberry or banana cupcakes? Why choose! These fruity cupcakes are packed with both banana and strawberry for a fun Strawberry Banana cupcakes recipe twist!
- STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 4 Tbsp. instant strawberry cream pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup oil
- STRAWBERRY + BANANA BUTTERCREAM
- 2 Cup unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 4-6 tbsp. milk
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry extract
- 1 Tbsp. banana extract
- pink food coloring
- yellow food coloring
1. Line cupcake pan with BakeBright cupcake liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and milk at low speed. Once all ingredients are incorporated, beat cake batter medium/high for a full minute.
3. Add 3-4 tbsp of cake batter to each cupcake liner. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F, or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. While cupcakes are cooling it's time to make the strawberry and banana buttercream! In a large mixing bowl cream butter at medium speed until smooth. Add vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add milk 1 Tbsp. at a time beating in between additions until you reach your desired consistency, you want your frosting to be slightly thicker than you would like because after you split the frosting in the next step you will add a little more liquid via extracts.
5. Split frosting into two equal amounts in two different bowls. Add banana extract and yellow food coloring to one bowl and mix until combined. Add strawberry extract and pink food coloring (just a little) to second bowl and mix until combined. If needed thin frosting down with a bit more milk.
5. Once cupcakes have cooled place a large open star tip into a piping bag. Take turns spooning banana and strawberry frosting into the bag. Pipe onto the cupcakes in a swirl shape. Add sprinkles and enjoy!
Whether it’s for Valentine’s Day or any other holiday, perfecting this multi color swirl frosting is a cupcake decorator’s go to when it comes to adding pops of color to compliment dessert themes.
We hope you loved this fruity cupcake creation. Check out our other berry flavored recipes like these cookies, cupcakes, and buttercream! We can’t wait to see yours!
LOVED THESE STRAWBERRY BANANA CUPCAKES? CHECK OUT MORE OF OUR EASY CUPCAKE RECIPES AND IDEAS!
- Galaxy Cupcake Recipe
- Pinata Cupcake Recipe
- Mocha Cupcake Recipe
- Pink Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
- Heart Shaped Cupcakes