Are you guys ready to get green with us?! Green St. Patrick’s day cookies it is, with SPRINKLES of course! We have been dying to use our classic St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles mix Lucky Charm and we knew these St. Patrick’s Day clover sandwich cookies would be the perfect way to do so!
Are these not the sweetest?! Two yummy green sugar cookies sandwiched together with frosting and a peek a boo shamrock hole covered in sprinkles! These really would be a perfect treat to get the kids in the kitchen. Talk about LUCKY! We used a sugar cookie recipe that spreads less when baked to keep the shape for these sandwich cookies.
You will need:
- your favorite rolled sugar cookies
- green food coloring
- Lucky Charm sprinkles
- circle cookie cutters
- small shamrock cutter
- parchment paper
Clover Sandwich Cookies Steps:
- Dye cookie dough green.
- Roll cookie dough onto parchment paper. Cut out dough circles, place circles on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use the small shamrock cutter to cut out a shamrock on half of the circle cookies and bake.
- Once cool frost the solid cookies. Lay the cut out cookies on top and sprinkle.
That’s it y’all! Just a few easy steps to the luckiest St. Patrick’s Day sandwich cookies around.
Are you ready to make some of your own? Grab your Lucky Charm sprinkles and get to baking! We can’t wait to see what you all make.
As always, this easy cookie idea can be used for any upcoming holiday sweets you will be doing. Patriotic star cookies would be precious using this method with just subbing out the shamrock shape for a star shape and swapping the sprinkles with our Patriotic Sprinkles. So versatile!
If you love these Clover Sandwich Cookies, you’ll love MORE St. Paddy’s day inspiration.
- St. Patrick’s Day Mint Freakshake , Chocolate Bombs, Other Lucky Treats
- St. Patrick’s Day Party Supplies Roundup
- Guinness Cake