Fall’s favorite flavor – Pumpkin Spice – is here in these Rice Krispie Treats! You know this time of year, it’s all we see! This Pumpkin rice krispie treats recipe is our favorite fall treat!
If there was an official flavor of fall we are willing to bet, Pumpkin would be it. Pumpkin spice to be exact. Is there really anything more magical than the warm fuzzy feelings we get just hearing the words pumpkin spice? No matter what we seem to use, the flavor in it just works. Cupcakes, muffins, cakes, pies, and of course our favorite – lattes. So why not mix it into one of our favorite easy go to treats, Rice Krispies! Yep, easy and sprinkle covered of course! You guys are gonna love these pumpkin rice krispie treats.
If you don’t trust us, ask the half eaten “test” batch sitting here. Somehow one test square turned into two and two turned into half a pan. Hey we had to make sure it was a great recipe before sharing of course! Super easy, super yummy, and super covered in one of our favorite fall sprinkle mixes, Peach Tea! We really love the dimension to this sprinkle mix. It has two shades of orange jimmies and two shades of brown chocolate jimmies sticking to those traditional fall sprinkle colors. It really made the perfect finishing touch for our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie treats. Sprinkles are basically the !! of dessert. Gotta have them if you want to make a great point, or that’s how we see it anyway,
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats Recipe Ingredients
- 3 Tbs butter
- 10oz marshmallows
- 1 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- orange food coloring (optional)
- 6 cups Rice Krispie (or rice crispies) cereal
- 1/4 cup sprinkle mix – We used our Peach Tea sprinkle mix.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats Instructions
- Start by greasing (or spraying with cooking spray) a 9X13 cookie sheet or baking pan and large mixing bowl with butter.
- Then melt the butter and marshmallow together in large saucepan on low heat stirring frequently.
- Once melted, add in the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and just a couple drops of orange food coloring. Remove from heat and mix together well.
- Pour over Rice Krispie cereal in the greased mixing bowl until full combined.
- Once everything is nice and mixed, gently press into the greased baking sheet. Greased or buttered hands help here!
- Then sprinkle the top with Peach Tea fall sprinkles, giving them a slight press into the treat.
- Let cool, cut and serve!
Our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies treats recipe will be your new go-to fall treat! Serve this cereal mixture for your upcoming Halloween party or kids lunch sweets. It’s such a versatile treat!
Other Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats Recipe Tips
Another thing we love to do is hands shape into pumpkins for Halloween. Large cookie cutters are such a fun way to perfectly cut Fall shapes from the cooled treats. Cute pumpkin shapes, Fall leaf shapes, and so much more! They make a great treat platter for school functions too. Top with any of our Fall sprinkles for a truly unique treat offering. We use our peach tea sprinkles but you could make them your own by adding tiny marshmallows to this or any other fall sprinkles mix.
And while we’re talking fall, don’t forget to check out our latest fall sprinkle mix kit! This kit would be great to use for these treats. There’s just something about Fall colors that has us in the holiday spirit. Seriously, how could pumpkin recipes not be a fave with these kinds of ideas?