We’ve been sharing all sorts of summertime hits here on the blog recently and today we’re here to share another take on a summer time classic drink. There really isn’t a more classic summer drink than a cold glass of lemonade, I mean how do you beat it right? With cupcakes of course! That’s right we’re sharing the perfect partner for you favorite summer drink, these pink lemonade cupcakes are everything…sweet yet tart! That reminds us, we just knew that our Sweet Tart sprinkles and yellow stripe paper straws are the perfect cupcake toppers. These were so much fun to make!
Throwing a lemon themed bash? Hosting an adorable lemonade stand? You’re going to make to make these lemonade cupcakes for sure, they’re so simple! When it comes to any lemon cupcakes we go straight for our yellow BakeBright cupcake liners. For these we chose our yellow stripe liners and coordinating yellow pinstripe paper straws. Of couse, we can’t forget our Pink Lemonade sprinkle mix, Sweet Tart!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
We like to experiment with from scratch recipes and doctored up cake mix recipes. For this recipe, we chose the latter. Doctoring up a lemon cake mix would give it a flavorful punch too! We like a hint of lemon flavor in our baked goods but you can sub out some of the water for a bit more lemon extract flavoring if you’d like. The fun thing about baking is that you can mix and match flavors and colors for exactly what you are looking for. Depending on exactly what color palette you are going for, you can change out the sprinkle here for a solid color to give it more of a stronger color if you wanted. Not sure how many bags of sprinkles you need? Check out our conversion How Many Sprinkles Do I Need charts!
Complete this Cupcake Look!
Sprinkles: Sweet Tart
Paper Straws: Pinstripe Yellow
Throwing a Pink Lemonade Party? Check out our pink lemonade party ideas post!
For more summer fun:
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 Duncan Hines White Cake Mix + ingredients listed on the box
- 3 tbsp Country Time Pink Lemonade Dry Mix
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon extract
- pink food coloring
- Pink Lemonade Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 tbsp. Country Time Pink Lemonade Dry Mix
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 tbsp milk
- pink food coloring
- Makes and frosts about 24 cupcakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, ingredients listed on the box, lemonade mix, and lemon extract just until combined. Add food coloring an then beat for and additional 1 minute.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of batter into each BakeBright greaseproof cupcake liner. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
Pink Lemonade Cupcake Frosting
- Beat butter until soft, add in shortening and beat until combined.
- Add lemon extract and dry lemon mix and beat until combined. Slowly add in powdered sugar about one cup at a time. Mix in between each addition.
- Add the milk 1 tbsp at a time until at the desired consistency.
- Add in a tiny bit of food coloring until you reach your desired shade. A little goes a long way so start small and build up.
- Frost your cupcakes with the frosting, add coordinating sprinkles, cut paper straws, and enjoy!