PB&J isn’t just for lunch anymore, friends. When you make a peanut butter and jelly parfait, everyone’s favorite sandwich becomes a tasty breakfast treat…or after-school snack! With a mix of granola, peanut butter, and your favorite preserves and yogurt, you can create this sensational and easy little recipe on any occasion.
The word parfait sounds fancy, but it’s just a dessert-like snack consisting of layered yogurt and fruit. While people of all ages enjoy yogurt parfaits (seriously, check out your coworkers’ lunch bags!), they’re a family favorite, too. Kids love parfaits because they’re sweet and tangy, easily customizable, palatable, and feel like a dessert.
And so, to celebrate the start of the back-to-school season for little ones everywhere, we’re using our school days sprinkles in this PB&J yogurt parfait recipe. It’s never been easier to create something adorable for your tiny scholars! Energize them in the morning with this delightful treat that combines two awesome faves.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Parfait Recipe: Ingredients
Nothing out-of-the-ordinary goes into this treat, just like many of our other recipes! Sometimes it doesn’t take anything special to create something truly unique.
- Strawberry preserves: Or any other flavor of preserves you love! This is, of course, the “jelly” in the recipe.
- Peanut butter or almond butter: The other, very important half of this delicious parfait.
- Vanilla yogurt: You can use any kind of yogurt for this recipe, whether it’s Greek yogurt, dairy-free yogurt, etc. Grab your fave off the shelf!
- Granola: To add a beautiful crunch to your parfait.
- Sprinkles: To go on top of the parfait. In this post, we’re making some delightful back-to-school styled parfait, so we recommend picking up some school-themed sprinkles right here on Sweets and Treats.
- A glass or jar: For putting together the parfait, of course!
- Resealable bag: Optional, but easier for adding the yogurt to your parfait glass.
- Tablespoon: Another optional utensil, in case you need to measure out how much granola you or the kids want in the recipe.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfait: FAQs
Look here for various tips and tricks about prepping this recipe.
How many servings does this recipe make?
About 3 to 5 as listed, but you can easily double, halve, etc this recipe to make as many servings as you’d like.
What is the prep time on this recipe?
About 10 minutes. It’s super quick, making it a great treat before school or work.
Should I use homemade granola or can I buy it?
Either way is fine and tastes great! We know that homemade granola isn’t always quick enough for those of us with busy schedules.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Parfait Variations
In this post, we’re making wonderful back-to-school-themed yogurt parfaits with our special line of sprinkles. In particular, we recommend using:
- A sprinkle type in each primary color (yellow, green, red, and blue) or
- A single sprinkle type in each primary color (all the Jimmies, all the Luxe Dust, etc).
We also suggest adding the ABC 123 sprinkles or using the Prime Time mix! In general, though, we’d love to see you get creative with any sprinkles on that list.
Want some other holiday inspiration? You can customize peanut butter and jelly parfait for any time of year, honestly! Try…
- Stars and Stripes Mix for patriotic summer parfait!
- Cupid’s Arrow or Chocolate Cherry Mix around Valentine’s Day!
- Tinsel Town or Sleigh Ride Mix at Christmas!
- (Or our Snow Queen Mix for a general winter parfait!)
- Our Pink Princess Mix would make a lovely and fun birthday snack for a girl, while our Camo Mix would do the same for a boy!
How did you like our peanut butter and jelly yogurt parfait?
Comment down below with your thoughts! Did you use any substitutions? What sprinkles did you use? How did the kids in your life like the recipe? Hearing from you truly makes our day, so don’t hesitate to share your process with us!
If you enjoyed this yogurt parfait, you’ll also adore…
…some of our other tasty snacks here on Sweets and Treats! We suggest taking a look at:
- Funfetti Puppy Chow
- Homemade Chocolate-covered Pretzels
- Fairy Bread
- Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Homemade Pancakes Recipe
- Apple Shaped Mini Cakes Recipe
Peanut Butter and Jelly Parfaits
Your favorite quick sandwich in breakfast form! These PB&J parfaits are just what the back to school fairy ordered.
- ● Granola
- ● Vanilla yogurt
- ● Peanut butter or almond butter
- ● Strawberry preserves or your favorite flavor
- ● Sprinkles
- Add about 1 tablespoon granola to the bottom of a glass or jar
- Using a resealable bag or spoon, add yogurt
- Then add a layer of peanut butter and then preserves
- Add another spoonful of granola
- Top the parfait with more yogurt
- Add sprinkles on top
- Serve immediately
This sure looks great, is this vegan?
Great question! If you use a non-dairy version of yogurt, it sure is!