We are crazy about this easy to make Patriotic Snack Mix and I bet you will be too! All you need are a handful of ingredients and about 10 minutes and you have a snack mix that the whole family will love!
Whether you are hosting a pool party to celebrate Independence Day or packing up the kids and heading to your local parade, this snack mix makes the perfect treat!
We’ve taken our popular Halloween Snack Mix that everyone loves and given it a patriotic twist. There are a few different ingredients in this recipe, however the best thing about a snack mix recipe…is that you can add your favorite ingredients.
What will I need to make this Patriotic Snack Mix?
The list of ingredients are very basic, and like I mentioned earlier, you can certainly customize what you want to add. Of course, we highly suggest our Patriotic sprinkles, they are fun and festive!
Patriotic Snack Mix: Ingredients and Utensils
- Chex corn cereal
- Mini marshmallows
- Festive M&M’s
- White almond bark
- Red and blue candy melts
- Sprinkles: we used our Patriotic Stars and Patriotic Jimmies
- Large baking sheet
- Microwave safe bowl to melt chocolate
- Plastic squeeze bottles – these are optional, but we have found them to be the easiest to use for the melted chocolate
- Small knife or scissors to cut the licorice
How to Make Patriotic Snack Mix
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
In a very large bowl, stir together the pretzels and cereal
Now, add the chocolate coated candy and marshmallows and stir to combine well
Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet
Cut the licorice into small pieces and add to the top
In three separate microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is almost melted. Continue stirring until smooth
Transfer into plastic squeeze bottles. This is optional, but much easier to add the chocolate.
Drizzle white chocolate, then add red and blue melted chocolate
Immediately add sprinkles
Let set about 10-15 minutes to harden
Break into pieces, then store in an airtight container until ready to serve
This Snack Mix would make fun gifts for neighbors or friends as well. Add it to our solid or striped cups, covered with plastic wrap or cellophane and you have an easy treat to give as gifts, for movie night or to take to the park.
- 5 cups pretzels
- 5 cups Chex corn cereal
- 2 cups chocolate candy like M&M’s
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 8-10 Twizzlers or red vines
- 1 pound white almond bark
- 1 bag red candy melts
- 1 bag blue candy melts
- In a very large bowl, stir together pretzels and cereal
- Add candy and marshmallows and stir together
- Spread mixture evenly onto large baking sheet
- Cut licorice Twizzlers into small pieces and add on top
- In 3 separate microwave safe bowls, melt chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is almost melted. Continue stirring until smooth
- Transfer into plastic squeeze bottles. This is optional, but much easier to add the chocolate.
- Drizzle white chocolate, then add red and blue melted chocolate
- Immediately add sprinkles
- Let set about 10-15 minutes to harden
- Break into pieces
- Store in airtight container until ready to serve