Hey there and welcome or welcome back to our blog! As you probably already know, we love to share lots of easy sweet recipes that stir your creativity around here, particularly cupcakes. Today is no exception as we’re back to share another easy cupcake recipe. We have to admit this recipe almost needs a disclaimer because we’re confident you’re going to fall totally in love with this mocha cupcakes recipe with our creamy mocha frosting. After all, we couldn’t share a new, fun donut party supplies post without sharing the recipe for the coordinating cupcakes now could we?
That’s right today’s recipe involves cupcakes, chocolate, sprinkles, and coffee! And yes, we know what you are thinking. You can totally grab your favorite cup(cake) of joe and count this as your breakfast. Let’s get this day started off right!
A Perfect Pair – Mocha Cupcakes With Donut Sprinkles
You read that right, cupcakes, chocolate, sprinkles, and coffee…can you think of a better combination? These mocha chocolate cupcakes are practically the official cupcakes of moms if you ask us, and we’re confident you’re going to want to make some right away. Whether you’re looking for an easy recipe to share with coworkers or wanting a sweet fix to sneak out after the kids are in bed this easy mocha cupcake recipe is a winner.
And if the coffee + chocolate combination isn’t enough to win you over were sure our adorable Baker’s Dozen donut themed sprinkles will do the trick. Paired with the perfect mocha cupcake liners, our Brown BakeBright liners, this entire cupcake goes from yummy to yummy and adorable. Speaking of adorable if you are crushing on this cute donut theme be sure to check out our post featuring the Baker’s Dozen sprinkle mix itself. Right after you whip up a batch of these mocha cupcakes of course. Happy baking!
Coffee Cupcakes? Are You Guys Crazy?
So, no surprise if this is your first reaction. Or maybe it’s not, hello to our die hard coffee lovers! We were careful when developing this recipe not to overpower the flavor of these sweet chocolate cupcakes with the coffee flavor. It’s just enough to get you grabbing your next cup of coffee but not too much that you forget it’s a delicious dessert you are holding in your hand. Seriously, no different than coffee and donuts right? Donut sprinkles that is! We even have it on our to-do list to tweak this recipe with some of our favorite coffee creamer flavors we’ve been seeing on grocery shelves or even adding instant coffee instead of flavored extract! Can you tell we love our morning and afternoon coffee around here?
This cupcake recipe would be so epic for a pajama party too! Whether it’s for an afternoon pick me up or for a donut birthday party, these cupcakes are the perfect addition to your dessert table! These cuppies would be a fun gift for your kiddos teachers too with a Starbucks gift card. Whatever reason you bake these for, we know you will love them!
If you love this cupcake recipe, check out our other favorites!
- Easy Vanilla
- Chocolatey Chocolate
- Homemade Funfetti
- Pink Lemonade
- Surprise Pinata Cupcakes
- Oreo Cupcake Recipe
- Mocha Cupcakes
- 1 Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 4 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup + 3 Tablespoons Cooled Coffee
- 1 Tablespoon Coffee Extract
- ¼ Cup Melted Slightly Cooled Unsalted Butter
- Mocha Frosting
- 2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Coffee Extract
- 5-6 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 8 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 5-6 Tbsp Milk
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two cupcake pans with Bake Bright cupcake liners and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat together eggs, sour cream, coffee, and coffee extract. For those die hard coffee lovers, you could try adding instant coffee at this stage. Add chocolate cake mix in eletric mixer and beat just until combined. Add in melted butter and mix again just until combined. Once all ingredients have cometogether be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and give the batter one last 30 second mix.
3. Spoon approx 3-3.5 tbsp of cupcake batter into each BakeBright greaseproof cupcake liner and bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely while making your frosting.
4. Begin making the mocha frosting. In an additional mixing bowl, cream butter at medium speed until smooth. Add extract and beat until combined. Add in powdered sugar and cocoa, slowly, using about a cup at a time, beating between each addition. Add milk 1 tbsp at a time beating in between additions until you've reached the desired consistency.
5. Once cupcakes are cool, frost cupcakes with mocha frosting and top with Bakers Dozen donut themed sprinkle mix.