Y’all! Have you ever tried cake mix cookies? If not stop everything you are doing, we’re going to change that! One of our favorite cookies to make are cake mix cookies. They are super quick and super simple making them come in really handy when we need a last minute party treat.
They also come in really handy for after school snacks, we even make a batch or two and freeze them so we can sneak them in the kid’s lunches during the school year. So today we thought we’d share our easy, delicious lemon cake mix cookies recipe so you can get in on the fun!
Can These Be Turned Into Lemon Crinkle Cookies?
We’re famous for giving you a recipe and then throwing changes in it to make it your own but, YES! The easy tweak really is to dip the rolled dough balls into a bowl of confectioner’s sugar before baking. These lightly covered cookies would make perfect crinkle cookies.
We have a fun recipe in mind for later this year using this same technique. You can turn any cake mix cookie into a crinkle cookie this way! Seriously, look at that natural crinkle in these photos.
This simple lemon cake mix cookies recipe has a nice crisp shell and a chewy lemon center. If you love lemon, these cookies are for you! One of our favorite things about them is how they crinkle in the oven, it makes them look so pretty with zero extra work. Of course, we wanted them to be just a little bit better so of course, we added sprinkles!
Our Spring Sorbet sprinkles won this time, but we also think our Sweet Tart sprinkle mix or Sour Punch sprinkle mix would be a great option for lemon cookies as well especially for a pink lemonade party theme!
We made this batch to celebrate both the end of summer and back to school so we bagged them up in coordinating lime chevron and pink stripe goodie bags from the shop. Goodie bags always make a simple treat seem extra special!
If you are ready, whip out your baking sheets, favorite box of yellow cake mix, large bowl and anything else you need. Who knew yellow cake mix cookies would be so fun to prepare for!
How to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Spring Sorbet Sprinkle Mix
- In a large mixing bowl mix together using a stand mixer or hand mixer, dry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. It will become a soft dough.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Scoop with cookie dough scoop onto cookie sheet with parchment paper. For more symmetrical cookies roll each cookie dough scoop into a smooth ball. Add some extra sprinkles to top if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will puff up in the oven and then come back down while cooling.
- Let cookies cool completely on cooling rack.
- Top with a little lemon glaze, lemon juice, or lemon zest for an extra punch of flavor.
After tasting these, you’ll be grabbing your next box of cake mix to make another batch. The flavor possibilities are endless! Stay tuned for another fun flavor of cake mix cookies from us soon!
SHOP THESE LEMON CAKE MIX COOKIES SUPPLIES!
Love This Easy Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe? Check Out Some Other Sweet Inspiration!
- Birthday Cake Cookie Recipe
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- Sprinkle Cheesecake Mousse
- Strawberry Cookies Recipe [4 Ingredients!]
- No Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe
- Quick & Easy Rainbow Sprinkle Cake
- Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
- Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cookie Recipe
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Whoopie Pies
- Ricotta Cookies
Check out our cupcake version too.