Our lemon cake mix cookies recipe is sure to be an absolutely favorite of yours. Mix in any of our sprinkle mixes and you have yourself a truly unique treat! Simple ingredients and delicious taste will have you wondering why you’ve never made cookies made with cake mix before!
Y’all! Have you ever tried cake mix cookies? If not stop everything you are doing, we’re going to change that! One of our favorite cookies to make are cake mix cookies. They are super quick and super simple making them come in really handy when we need a last minute party treat. They also come in really handy for after school snacks, we even make a batch or two and freeze them so we can sneak them in the kid’s lunches during the school year. So today we thought we’d share our easy lemon cake mix cookie recipe so you can get in on the fun!
These lemon cake mix cookies have a nice crisp shell and a chewy lemon center. If you love lemon, these cake cookies are for you! One of our favorite things about them is how they crinkle in the oven, it makes them look so pretty with zero extra work. Of course, we wanted these lemon cookies to be just a little bit better so of course, we added sprinkles! Our Spring Sorbet sprinkle mix won this time, but we also think our Sweet Tart sprinkle mix or Sour Punch sprinkle mix would be a great option for lemon cookies as well.
We made this batch to celebrate both the end of summer and back to school so we bagged them up in coordinating lime chevron and pink stripe goodie bags from the shop. Goodie bags always make a simple treat seem extra special!
If you are ready, whip out your baking sheets, favorite box of yellow cake mix, large bowl and anything else you need. Who knew yellow cake mix cookies would be so fun to prepare for!
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Spring Sorbet Sprinkle Mix
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Steps
- In a large mixing bowl mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. It will become a soft dough.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Scoop with cookie dough scoop onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. For more symmetrical cookies roll each cookie dough scoop into a smooth ball. Add some extra sprinkles to top if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes. The cookies will puff up in the oven and then come back down while cooling.
After tasting these, you’ll be grabbing your next box of cake mix to make another batch. The flavor possibilities are endless! Stay tuned for another fun flavor of cake mix cookies from us soon!
SHOP THESE LEMON CAKE MIX COOKIES SUPPLIES!
Sprinkles – Spring Sorbet
Love This Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe? Check Some Other Sweet Inspiration!
- Reusable Ice Cream Spoons
- No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- Sprinkle Cheesecake Mousse
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe [4 Ingredients!]
- No Churn Cotton Candy Ice Cream Recipe
- Quick & Easy Rainbow Sprinkle Cake