Everyone loves hot cocoa, right? When you make it just right, it’s one of those perfect winter treats that doesn’t need any changes. Today on the blog we’ve made it even better. Take a look at these gorgeous and adorable hot chocolate stirrers!
What’s a hot chocolate stirrer? It’s a stick (or spoon, or straw) with an extra bit of chocolate on it and on the end of it. The chocolate usually has sprinkles, marshmallows, or other tasty treats mixed in. You use it to stir your hot chocolate, and give your favorite holiday drink a fun little extra flavor!
Sound amazing? Because it IS! Here’s our hot cocoa stirrers recipe!
Hot Chocolate Stirrers: Ingredients & Utensils
Prep Time: 20 min
- 1 pkg (24 oz) Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 pkg (24 oz) White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Merry & Modern Sprinkles Mix
- Wedding Bells Sprinkles Mix
- Frost Bite Sprinkles Mix
Utensils & Other Items
- Rock candy sticks
- Microwave safe bowls
- Square silicone mold
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
- White paint for stick (optional)
How To Make Hot Chocolate Stirrers
- Paint the ends of the rock candy sticks, if desired. Set aside to dry.
- Set out all supplies and ingredients – this recipe will move quickly!
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 4 blocks of white almond bark. Begin with 1 minute in the microwave, then stir. Continue, alternating heating the chocolate for 30 seconds and stopping just before it is completely melted to stir.
- Continue the above step until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Spoon mixture into silicone mold, filling to the top.
- Repeat above steps with the chocolate almond bark.
- When each square in the mold is completely full, place plastic wrap on top of mold.
- Let the bark set a few minutes to make inserting the stick easier.
- Add a stick to each square cooled square.
- Let set on counter at least 20 minutes to harden.
- Melt additional almond bark in a microwave safe bowl, using the same heating instructions.
- Remove squares from mold by popping them from the bottom.
- Dip these squares in additional chocolate – just a light coat this time. Then immediately dip into your chosen sprinkles mix.
- Set on parchment paper until dry (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with your favorite hot chocolate drink, hot milk, or place in cellophane bag, tie with a ribbon, and give as a gift.
Hot Chocolate Stirrers Recipe: Tips & Tricks
Before we get into Q&A, we want to give some more holiday suggestions for sprinkles on these stirrers. If you’re not feeling the mixes we listed, you can also try…
- … Christmas Jimmies or Christmas Nonpareils for a super traditional look.
- … Frozen Heart or Snow Queen mix if you’re feeling like a Disney princess.
- … Sock Monkey mix if you’re a kid at heart.
- … Apple Cider or Fall Nonpareils mix if it’s fall and very, very cold where you live!
- …adding mini marshmallows to your mix for an extra treat that kids love!
(And if you’re looking for other Christmas-themed supplies to use with this recipe or any other, you can find them right here.)
Now then! If you want to make your hot cocoa stirrers better, here are a few answers to questions we’re asked about this recipe!
Can you use other kinds of chocolate for these cocoa stirrers?
We’ve found that chocolate bark melts the quickest, easiest, and best! We recommend staying with the bark if at all possible.
Oh no, my chocolate keeps burning! What do I do?
In the recipe, the instructions outlined in step 3 are super important. Only heat the bark until it’s almost melted, not completely, until there’s nothing left to melt. You’ll avoid burned chocolate that way!
I don’t want to use wooden sticks – any other suggestions?
Paper straws are fun, especially if they’re holiday-themed! We also like using candy canes or candy sticks.
Tell us about these hot cocoa stirrers!
Yes, it’s true, we did the impossible…we made hot cocoa even BETTER! And we’d love to hear your thoughts about our hot chocolate stirrers. Wouldn’t they make great gifts?
Leave us a comment, cozy up with some cocoa by the fire, and we’ll be sure to get back to you!
Check out more chocolatey inspiration right here!
As you can imagine…we LOVE chocolate at Sweets & Treats – at any time of the year! Here’s a few recipes to get you thinking about your next sweet adventure:
- Dark Chocolatey Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolatey Drip Cake Tutorial & Ideas
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes Recipe + Cocoa Frosting
- Chocolatey Peppermint Cupcakes Recipe + Peppermint Frosting
Looking for more Christmas fun? Check out these ideas!
- Melted Snowman Cupcakes
- Christmas Ornament Cupcakes
- Homemade Dipped Pretzels
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Log Cake Tutorial
- Buffalo Plaid Lumberjack Tablescape