Let’s be real…treats that are both easy-to-make and suitable for any occasion? The best. Hands down. Everyone loves complicated cakes and pastries, and they’re fun to eat, too, but sometimes you just want to whip up something simple. That’s why this homemade chocolate covered pretzels recipe is one of our favorite recipes of all time!
Because listen…all you need for this recipe? Pretzels, almond bark, and, sprinkles. And in the end, you get a lovely little snack you can seriously use for anything. Grab some themed sprinkles and make them for birthdays, for Christmas, for Easter, for Halloween—even for Sunday Night Football or an anniversary with your boo!
Not to mention you can wrap these up in adorable little bags as a gift for your loved ones, coworkers, and best buddies—really, who doesn’t like the sweet-salty flavor of chocolate-covered pretzels?
Have we convinced you this recipe is amazing yet? Let’s get to it!
Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzels Recipe: Ingredients & Utensils
- 1 bag Rold Gold Tiny Twists pretzel twists – These work best because they have larger holes for the melted bark to drip through
- 1 package each: (16 oz) almond bark and (16 oz) white almond bark
- Our Rainbow Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Our Oh Lolly Sweet Sprinkles Mix
Utensils & Other Items
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- 3 bowls (one for sprinkles, one for each color almond bark)
How To Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Line a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour sprinkles in a bowl.
- Add 4 blocks of chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir.
- Continue heating in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval.
- Remove when there are a few small pieces of chocolate remaining.
- Stir until completely smooth.
- Dip half the pretzels using a fork and place on parchment paper.
- Immediately add sprinkles.
- Repeat the heating/dipping process with the white chocolate and the other half of the pretzels.
Tips for making Chocolate Covered Pretzels Recipe
Though the recipe is simple, we still want to answer your questions. Here are a few pointers!
- Want to use your chocolate to add stripes on your pretzels instead? Melt the chocolate and add it to a plastic squeeze bottle. Drizzle the chocolate across the pretzel and immediately add sprinkles! This is a great idea for any party theme including gender reveals, baby showers, bridal showers and birthday party themes. You could even color match for a get together for your favorite sports team. We favor LSU of course so some purple and gold pretzels would be so fun!
- You can also use candy melts instead of chocolate bark for this recipe, and pretzel rods instead of twists.
- You can store these in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks…if you can stop yourself from eating them for that long! Remember that the chocolate will easily melt, though, so ensure your storage area is cool and dry.
- Dairy-free chocolate should still work with this recipe if you have someone with a specific dietary need.
- Any kind of chocolate will do – we use almond bark but milk, dark, and white would work just as great.
Customizing these Chocolate Covered Pretzels
As with many of our recipes, you can customize these homemade pretzels for any event, holiday, or occasion. The possibilities are endless!
- With the holidays fast approaching, you may want to use our Christmas cookie sweet sprinkles mix, or our Christmas nonpareils. You can even add a tiny drop of peppermint extract to the melted chocolate for a wonderful minty zing!
- Saint Paddy’s Day coming up? Try these with our Irish Luck sweet sprinkles mix
- For a Halloween treat, pick up our Halloween nonpareils to decorate these pretzels.
- Valentine’s pretzels would be lacking without pink-and-red Cupid’s arrow sprinkles.
- Even Easter would make a great time to whip up these pretzels—use our Bunny Hop sprinkles mix!
- Not a fan of sprinkles? Try shredded coconut, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or sea salt for extra…well, saltiness!
Have we inspired you yet? Good! Get out there and make some amazing pretzels for any occasion! Your family and friends will thank you, believe us.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Pretzels Make Great Gifts
We’re sure they’ll be a hit—these pretzels are simple but SO excellent for any occasion! For Christmas, put them in a clear container with a gift tag. For birthdays, put them on a platter or clear cello bags as part favors. Bring them to the next potluck! So many uses.
Please let us know how you’ll be using them (a party, a big meal, or just at home?) and how they turned out. And, of course, if you have any questions…leave a comment! We’ll be happy to help!
As you can tell, this recipe is such an easy and versatile one. Change colors, flavors, and sprinkles to make it match any theme you can think of. It’s a family favorite of ours around the holidays for sure. We started a new Christmas tradition with this very same dessert idea! We even did a baby shower version here.
Love this homemade chocolate covered pretzels recipe? Check out more awesome desserts!
Like us, we know you probably can’t get enough sweets in your life…so here’s a few more sweets on our blog for you to try!
- Patriotic White Pretzel Bark
- Ombre Sprinkle Covered Heart Brownies
- Easy Christmas Dipped Rods Recipe
- Sprinkle Lollipops
Wow awesome pics and those look very yummy!!
Gotta love versatile dessert ideas. Thank you!
Wow! These looks so so good. And I love your pictures! Can’t wait to make these.
Thank you so much! Can’t wait to see them! 😉
This looks delicious….. I can’t wait to try these…
We hope you like them Christie! Thanks for stopping by!