Snuggle up with your favorite person, a mug of hot cocoa, and these heart chocolate bombs this Valentine’s Day! It’s easy to put together these fun cold-weather treats, and it may just put you in a lovey-dovey mood.
It feels like hot chocolate bombs are taking the world by storm! No joke…every time we go on Pinterest or Instagram we find another fun recipe for (or variation on) hot cocoa bombs. We’re obsessed, everyone with a sweet tooth is obsessed, and we’re sure you’re obsessed, too.
And who could blame us…or you…or the rest of the world? Hot cocoa bombs are simple to make, and even if they weren’t, they’re one of those treats that looks and tastes good still if you mess up the recipe. They’re also patently adorable in every way—who doesn’t love a tiny treat like this? Palm-sized and just…wee?! Their irresistible cuteness means they’re perfect for Valentine’s Day!
That’s why we have to share these heart chocolate bombs with you today, right in time for Valentine’s Day! Our heart-shaped hot cocoa bombs are super special when shared with a partner. Let’s face it, though: they’re also a wonderful gift for anyone in your life you adore. Your besties? Your kids? Siblings, parents, grandparents? Mentors and favorite co-workers? All valid on the day of love!
Send these heart chocolate bombs off with your little ones to take to school for their friends and teachers, even. They’re sure to make a splash!
Heart Chocolate Bomb: Ingredients & Supplies
A quick trip to the store for strawberry hot chocolate mix, marshmallows and some pink candy melts, then of course, our favorite Valentine’s Day Sprinkles, and you are ready to go!
How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs:
After you gather your ingredients and supplies, if you haven’t made a hot chocolate bomb before, we have you covered with our step-by-step easy process.
- Pink, bright pink, and red candy melts: These form the outer coating of your heart chocolate bomb. All the goodies go inside! You can also use them to drizzle on extra chocolate after the bombs are done.
- Strawberry Nesquick: Okay…so we tricked you a bit. Rather than hot cocoa, we put strawberry Nesquick into the bombs so you end up with a mug of lovely pink hot strawberry milk! We guess these are hot strawberry milk bombs instead. (Though of course if you’re not a fan of strawberry Nesquick, feel free to bring out the cocoa mix again.)
- Mini marshmallows and mallow bits: Delicious fillings for your hot chocolate bomb!
There are so many sprinkle possibilities with heart chocolate bombs that we had to make a whole separate section for it! You’ll want to put sprinkles both inside the bomb and outside as decoration. Try using these…
- Geometric heart mold: This mold will help you create heart-shaped hot cocoa bombs! (You can also use it for cake pops and other fun treats, so it’s a win-win!)
- Anything else from our Valentine’s collection: Plan out a whole Valentine’s Day party with our holiday supplies!
Heart Chocolate Bomb: FAQs
We’ve gathered up a few questions we’ve gotten about this recipe right here!
Do I have to use candy melts for the outside of the bomb?
Any kind of chopped-up chocolate will do, but may slightly alter the flavor of the bomb, as well as its melting point and texture. We found candy melts or almond bark to be the easiest to handle.
What’s the best way to heat the chocolate?
Honestly, just in the microwave! Doesn’t have to get fancier than that. No need for a melting pot, etc.
Can you use a differently-shaped mold (a spherical mold, a square mold, etc)?
Yes! Feel free to experiment with other cute bomb shapes.
Fall in love with our heart-shaped hot cocoa bombs!
If you have someone in your life that needs your appreciation, these hot cocoa bombs are a very special way to show your love! Please leave any thoughts you have down below in the comment section. Have you made these heart chocolate bombs yourself? Did you follow the recipe, or did you make any substitutions? We’d love to hear from you!
Other Valentine’s Day goodies here on Sweets and Treats…
Forget Easter…forget Halloween…Valentine’s Day may just be the holiday with the cutest snacks ever! If you agree, check out some other fun February snacks, like…