With Halloween right around the corner, these Halloween Cakesicles are sure to be a fun and spooky surprise for everyone. There is no doubt that everyone at your gathering will be goblin’ these cakesicles right up!
Yes, cake is fun to make but cakesicles are more fun to eat! They are a sweet treat that can go with any occasion. You can be as creative as you want with these tasty cake treats! Many of you made our Easter cakesicles, which were fabulous!
If you’re unfamiliar with what cakesicles are, they are like mini cakes, right on a popsicle stick. This simple dessert is super easy for kids to eat because it comes on a stick. Easy to make and a simple cleanup! Plus, we have a whole selection of Halloween treats that you can make with the fam!
Other holidays get to have a lot of attention because of all the fun baked goods that can be made. However, we’ve decided to focus on Halloween this year at Sweets and Treats. It’s time that all of the boys and ghouls get access to all the fun Halloween sweets and treats this year!
So, grab all of your favorite Halloween baking supplies because we’re going to have a blast bringing these Tombstone themed cakesicles to fruition.
Cakesicles are now more popular than cake pops! People want a little more than just a “bite” whenever they’re eating cake. We have a whole section of cakesicles right on the blog!
Halloween Cakesicles: Ingredients & Utensils
If you’ve ever made a cake before, then you’re already ahead of the game for making these Halloween inspired treats. These are the type of treats to make with kids because they are simple and just a lot of fun.
- Baked Cake: In order to make the best cakescicles ever, you’ll need a baked cake! You can use any type of cake that you’d like!
- Buttercream frosting: The buttercream frosting is going to help hold the cake together when it’s in its perfect form of a cakesicle.
- Candy melts: For this recipe, you’ll need white + black candy melts. The candy melts are used for the outside of the dessert.
Gem Cakesicle Mold: Make sure you grab a set of your favorite cakesicle molds.
- Letters Chocolate Mold: In order to complete the look of the tombstone cakesicles, you’ll want to grab the letters chocolate molds. You can purchase the chocolate alphabet letters here.
- Green acrylic popsicle sticks: You can pick these up almost anywhere, or grab them on Amazon! You can also purchase the green popsicle sticks from Sweets & Treats!
- Glitter: You will want to grab the color Mercury for these cakesicles.
- Glitter Brush Set: This brush set will help ensure the final product looks real, plus it’s easier to brush around glitter with a brush set.
- Piping bag: If you want to make your life easier, make sure you grab some piping bags for easier decorating.
- Optional: Sprinkles- Ghost Stories: While you don’t HAVE to have these, they sure do make decorating the dessert even more fun and a little more spooky.
- Tombstone Cakesicle Kit: You can purchase the whole tombstone cakesicle kit so that you don’t have to buy everything separately.
Let’s make these super fun and spooky Halloween treats…
Crumble cake and add to stand mixer. Add a little bit of frosting and mix well until mixture sticks together well when squeezed
Using a glitter brush, dust the cakesicle mold with Mercury luxe glitter. Melt white and black candy melts. Combine colors to create gray melted chocolate.
Add a spoonful of melted gray chocolate to the cakesicle mold and using the back of the spoon, coat the sides of the mold. Place in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes
Repeat with a second layer of gray melted chocolate and chill for another 15-20 minutes. Fill the mold with cake mixture pushing firmly. Leave about 1/8 inch space
Add green acrylic stick to the opening of the mold and chill for 15-20 minutes. Cover the cake with another layer of gray candy melts and scrape off any excess with an offset spatula
Chill for 20 minutes. While cakesicles are chilling, fill a piping bag or plastic baggie with melted black candy melts.
Using the Letters chocolate mold, fill the letter cavities RIP. Refrigerate letters for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the cakesicle from the mold gently pushing the top first then remove the bottom.
Add a small amount of melted candy melts to the top of the cakesicle and “glue” on the letters RIP or sprinkles. Let harden for 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Halloween Cakesicles: FAQs
Interested in a few questions about these RIP graveyard treats? Here are the answers…
Where is the best place to allow the chocolate to set?
The freezer is the best place to allow the chocolate to set on the cakesicles.
What kind of cakesicle molds should I use?
Well, there is an easy solution for that! You can purchase Halloween cakesicle molds here from our shop.
What type of buttercream frosting should I use?
The best answer is that we have a great recipe right here! While you can use frosting from the store, you should give our buttercream frosting recipe a try, you’ll love it!
If you’re interested in learning how to make just the cakesicles, we have a tutorial for that right on our blog!
Did you enjoy these Halloween cakesicles?
If you enjoyed learning how to make cakesicles, then please leave a comment below telling us what you thought. Stay tuned because we’re several new Halloween recipes that your whole family will truly enjoy making, together. Make sure you check out our Easter Cakesicles, Valentines Cakesicles, and even our tutorial on How To Make Cakesicles!
Other spooky treats you’ll love to scare people with…
- Halloween Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Halloween Snack Mix Recipe
- Easy Sprinkled Halloween Chocolate Bark Recipe
- Chocolate Haunted House
- Witch Cauldrons