Last week here on the blog we featured a new Christmas Sweetscape, Cocoa & Cookies! The party was filled with all things cocoa & gingerbread. And if you didn’t get a chance to check out it you can do so here, we know you won’t want to miss it! If you’ve already checked it out you surely noticed we made one of our favorite easy holiday treats to share at that party, this Gingerbread Cookie Bites Recipe!
Why do these rank on our favorites list? Because gingerbread is a staple of course. I mean, can you even get through Christmas holiday without coming across this flavor?Gingerbread can be a pretty strongly flavored cookie. We find that making them into these bite sizes portions made them even more enjoyable. Even our doubters were snacking on these guys. Not only are these gingerbread cookie bites perfect for snacking and easy to make, they look so cute served in our red treat cups!
We told you guys they were simple, but you may not believe just how simple they are! For these guys we stuck to an easy peasy Krusteaz gingerbread cookie mix, and added 1/3 cup of our very own Reindeer Food sprinkle mix. It has the cutest little gingerbread sprinkles in it! You could any favorite recipe and tweak to make this version.
How To Make Gingerbread Cookie Bites Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and make cookie dough as instructed on box. Knead half of sprinkles into dough.
- Roll out dough onto a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle on the remaining sprinkles and roll with rolling pin once more to press the sprinkles in.
- Place rolled out dough on parchment paper in the fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Once chilled, use pizza cutter to cut into 1 inch cubes. Place cubes on 2 parchment paper lined or wax paper topped cookie sheets leaving a inch between each bite, and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Place on rack to cool completely and enjoy!
Ready to grab yourself some sprinkles and get to baking? And don’t forget you can view the whole Cocoa & Cookies party here. Have some fun and cut out gingerbread men for each party attendee to decorate their own gingerbread people. A kid’s table during your Christmas party would be so fun with this DIY craft!