Who says fruit kabobs have to be boring? These banana split fruit kabobs make healthy snacking fun for both you and your guests. Getting in more servings of fruits can be fun too!
A fun spin on the classic banana split, these fruit kabobs are a delicious way to serve a variety of fresh fruits. With strawberries, pineapple, and bananas all on a wooden stick, they’re easy to transport or store. Perfect for serving at parties or taking on picnics. And with our fondue serving style twist, they are sure to be one that you haven’t seen at a party before. They are sure to be a hit with your guests!
Fruit Kabobs Recipe
- Fresh fruit of your choice (we chose strawberry, pineapple, and bananas)
- Almond bark for fondue dip – candy melts are great too
- Cake loaf or baked cake squares (dense cake works best)
- Whipped cream or white frosting
- Banana Split sprinkles
How To Make Fruit Kabobs Skewers – Steps
- Cut fruit and cake into chunks if necessary – 1-1.5″ chunks are the perfect size.
- Beginning which sharp skewer end first, place fruit and cake in desired order on kabob stick.
- Once done, lay on plate ready to serve.
- Pile whipped cream or frosting on top of chunks of cake already on skewer.
- Top with coordinating sprinkles
- In separate dish, melt dipping chocolate and stir until completely melted
- Serve right away on platter so frosting doesn’t melt and chocolate doesn’t harden.
- No serving instructions – It’s simple: grab a skewer and eat up!
Entertaining doesn’t have to be a lot of work. This easy dessert idea literally only takes a few minutes and you are done. Change the theme up for different party themes and holidays, it’s a go-to party idea for us for sure! Check out our same themed cake too!