Hey y’all! We’re getting close to another holiday and you know what that means…cupcakes! As the creators of Bake Bright cupcake liners we firmly believe in cupcakes for every season and every reason! Now that we’re well into spring with Easter just a few days away, we thought we would pop in with a spring edition of The Sprinkle Factory’s swirl cupcakes with these Swirly Pastel Easter Cupcakes!
This time we chose beautiful pastel shades of frosting to coordinate with our Sunday Best sprinkle mix. We will never ever..no really…ever…tire of pastel-colored frosting. (Tips on achieving pastel frosting below!) The cupcakes were then trimmed in our pastel sprinkle mix, Sunday Best. We’re pretty sure ole Mr. Cottontail himself would approve.
Swirly Pastel Easter Cupcake Supplies
- Light Pink cupcake liners
- yellow cake recipe
- green, yellow, blue and purple buttercream frosting
- plastic wrap
- piping bag
- large round tip
- Sunday Best Sprinkles
How to Swirly Pastel Easter Cupcakes
1. Bake your cupcakes in your BakeBright cupcake liners using any white or yellow cake mix.
2. While your cupcakes are cooling whip up a batch of buttercream frosting. Try our recipe here! Split your icing into 5 small bowls for your frosting – yellow, pink, purple, blue, and green. When coloring pastel frosting colors its best to only color about half of your frosting first bringing it to a shade just a tad it darker then you would like. Then add in the rest of the white frosting portion to bring it to a true pastel. Add a toothpick tip of ivory color if needed. This method helps to keep light colors from turning neon, remember colors darken 2-3 shades as they sit and develop over time.
3. To create the cool multi-color effect you’ll need to create a frosting “pod”. First, lay a piece of plastic wrap out on the counter. Then spoon some yellow, green, blue, and purple icing on to the plastic wrap. We like to do so in “stripes” side by side. (Each color is about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long.) Then roll up the pod and twist the ends. The key is to make sure that the colors are for the most part even and consistent all the way down.
4. Place a jumbo round piping tip in the piping bag. Tie one end of the frosting pod shut. The other end you can gently trim up to just before the frosting starts and gently place inside the piping bag. Pipe a little frosting onto a paper towel to get the colors started.
5. Starting in the center and working your way out create a swirl of frosting, like a lollipop! Chill cupcakes in the fridge for about five minutes. You want them to be just a little bit more firm before putting the sprinkles on, but not too firm or the sprinkle won’t stick.
6. Pour Sunday Best sprinkles into a bowl. Gently roll one side of the cupcakes in sprinkles. Finish with Easter cupcake toppers if you would like! We loved these pastel Easter Cupcakes so much we decided to leave them as is.
If you want to check out more of our swirly cupcakes in collaboration with The Sprinkle Factory, don’t forget to check out our Swirly Mardi Gras cupcakes, or check out our Easter party supplies roundup for more Easter baking goodies!
SHOP SWIRLY PASTEL EASTER CUPCAKE SUPPLIES!
Cupcake Liners – Light Pink
Sprinkles – Sunday Best