Today we’re back on the blog Sweets Squad and you know what were pumped about sharing today? If you guess a new cupcake recipe you are correct! These Strawberry Funfetti Cupcakes are going to be a hit at your dessert table!
A few months ago we shared a homemade funfetti cupcake recipe and it occurred to us, why haven’t we made the strawberry version?
After all we have an awesome easy strawberry cupcake recipe that was practically begging to pair with sprinkles. So that’s exactly what we did, and we’re back to share them here today.
Strawberry Funfetti Cupcakes – A Pink Birthday Cake Twist
We really can’t wait for you to try our favorite strawberry cake mix cupcake recipe. With just a few swaps a regular ole cake mix becomes a seriously delicous treat.
We always prefer this version of cupcakes from a cake mix because the flavor is really hard to capture with fresh strawberries. What really makes these strawberry cupcakes delish is the addition of pudding mix. The pudding takes these cupcakes to a whole new level you’ll see!
Although these cupcakes taste great they wouldn’t be homemade funfetti if we didn’t add in sprinkles would they? To make these guys adorable as ever we added our Birthday Cake sprinkle mix and cherry gumballs on top! They are dressed in our solid pink cupcake liners of course.
Strawberry Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe
- STRAWBERRY FUNFETTI CUPCAKES
- 1 strawberry cake mix
- 4 Tbsp. instant strawberry cream pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 1/2 cup Birthday Cake sprinkles
- STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- 1 Cup unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. strawberry extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- a pink of salt
- 4-6 tbsp. milk
- pink food coloring
1. Line cupcake pan with Bake Bright cupcake liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and milk at low speed. Once all ingredients are incorporated, beat cake batter medium/high for a full minute. Fold in Birthday Cake Sprinkles with spatula.
3. Add 3-4 tbsp of cake batter to each cupcake liner. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F, or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. While cupcakes are cooling it's time to make the strawberry buttercream! In a large mixing bowl cream butter at medium speed until smooth. Add shortening and cream together. Add extracts and mix until combined. Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time. Add pink coloring if desired, just a little goes a long way. Add milk 1 Tbsp. at a time beating in between additions until you reach your desired consistency.
5. Pipe cupcakes with large start tip, add sprinkles and enjoy!
We topped this recipe with pink frosting because of Valentine’s Day but our homemade funfetti frosting is PERFECT as well. There’s just something about the extra pop of color from our sprinkles that will set it off!
We hope you loved our month of pink cupcake recipes just in time for Valentine’s Day!