Chocolate chip cookie dough frosting is what dreams are made of. Scoop it on top of cupcakes and add a few eyes and you’ve got these super adorable Cookie Monster cupcakes.
Here’s the thing y’all, we like cupcakes, a lot. There’s the typical love for cupcakes that basically every person on this planet has, and then there is us and our love – passion – maybe even obsession for cupcakes.
As a matter of fact the entire reason we exist as a brand is to share our love of beautiful and yummy cupcakes with the world through our line of BakeBright cupcake liners. Got the picture? We love cupcakes.
With that said we have made a whole lot of cupcakes in our time and we try really hard not to pick favorites. But guys, there is just no hiding our love for these cupcakes. You absolutely must try this cookie dough frosting recipe!
It’s rich, creamy, and packed with chocolate chips. Looks just like before the dough goes in the oven!
I mean everybody loves eating cookie dough right? Even though we know it’s not exactly the best habit to have. Which is why we are so pumped that recipes like this cookie dough frosting exist! Go ahead and lick that bowl!
Ok we got a little excited and went straight to the top. Let’s back up a bit. We actually made these cupcakes as part of our soon to be Cookie Monster party ideas roundup.
Hey, we wouldn’t share an idea without trying it ourselves first! So we whipped up a batch of delicious yellow cupcakes wrapped in our blue dot and brown BakeBright greaseproof cupcake liners.
But before topping them in our magical cookie dough frosting we decided to first layer on a swirl of blue buttercream dipped in our Cookie Jar sprinkle mix.
Sure, the frosting is amazing enough to stand on its own but how cute is it with that little bit of blue flare? Also the combination of vanilla with the cookie dough frosting is crazy good.
But the real pro tip here is to add those cute little edible eyes to the top! Such an easy addition and they are ready to make a star appearance at your Cookie Monster party!
We can’t wait to hear what you think of this chocolate chip cookie dough frosting recipe, but we’re pretty sure you’re going to love it!
Cookie monster party or not, it’s a must try cupcake combination for sure. It would be SO good on soft sugar cookies or a layer in your chocolate cake too. We can’t wait to hear how you think this frosting tastes!
Cookie Dough Frosting Recipe Ingredients
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Heat Treated Flour (learn how here)
- 4-6 TBS Milk
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips For Topping
Cookie Dough Frosting Recipe Steps
- In a medium bowl mix together flour and powdered sugar set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an stand mixer or regular electric mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar.
- Add in vanilla extract, mix well. Slowly add in flour/sugar mixture until fully combined.
- Add in milk 1 TBS at a time until desired consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips, save a few to top if you would like!
SHOP THESE COOKIE DOUGH CUPCAKE SUPPLIES!
Cupcake Liners – Blue Dot, Brown
Sprinkles – Cookie Jar
Love This Easy Cookie Dough Frosting Recipe? Check Some Other Sweet Inspiration!
- Cookiee Monster Party Ideas
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies With Circus Cookie Sprinkles
- Sprinkle Cheesecake Mousse
- Easy Cake Batter Fudge Recipe [No Bake With Sprinkles!]
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Packed with Sprinkles
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies [With Circus Sprinkles!]
- Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chocolate Sprinkles
- Oreo Cupcakes
- Monster Dough Cupcakes