Skip the crazy baking recipes and add these Christmas Tree Brownies to your list. These trees are fun to decorate as a Christmas tree and then add your favorite sprinkles. You can’t go wrong with making these brownies as a go to recipe every year for holiday gatherings.
Christmas Brownies: Ingredients and Decorating
This recipe is so simple that ANYONE can make it. These brownies are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face!
- You’ll need 1 box brownie mix for this recipe.
- You’ll also need the ingredients on the box. Just add water, eggs, and oil.
- The Buttercream frosting used in this recipe is the same buttercream frosting recipe we’ve used in dozens of recipes on our blog.
- Green food coloring is used to color the buttercream frosting, to make it look like a Christmas tree!
- There are tons of sprinkle options for these brownies. You can use what we have available in our shop or you can buy from your local grocery store.
- Straws are what the brownies are attached to. The straws you choose should be sturdy enough to hold the brownies. We also have paper straws available for purchase.
Brownie Decorating Ideas
Once you’ve mastered the basic decorating technique, it’s time to come up with some unique ideas for your brownie Christmas trees. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Use different kinds of frosting: There are lots of options besides the typical vanilla or chocolate that most people use for making these holiday treats. Try using red velvet, chocolate cream cheese, or peppermint buttercream frosting for a festive look.
2. Make them from scratch: While brownie mix is easy and quick to use, you can also make Christmas tree brownies from scratch if you prefer. This way, you’ll know the ingredients that go into your treats. It’s also more versatile since you can use any brownie recipe you like.
3. Use a variety of candies: You don’t have to limit yourself to candycanes when decorating these treats. Try using sprinkles, mini M&M’s or even chopped nuts for an interesting look.
4. Use holiday-themed cookie cutters: These tools can be used for cutting out your brownies, as well as other treats like sugar cookies and gingerbread. There are dozens of cutters to choose from, so you’re sure to find something that will work well for your Christmas tree brownies.
No matter what your decorating style is, there are plenty of fun tips and tricks you can use to make your Christmas tree look amazing this year. So get creative and start decorating today!
What are the sprinkle options available?
There are tons of sprinkle options available, just choose what you want to decorate the brownies with.
Christmas Tree Brownies: FAQs
How do I keep my Christmas tree brownies fresh?
You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. They will keep longer if you store them in the refrigerator.
Are Christmas tree brownies good for holiday parties?
Absolutely! They are always a big hit with kids and adults alike, and they’re perfect for adding to gift baskets or serving at cookie exchanges. You can even make them as part of a festive dessert buffet table.
What other recipes can I use to make Christmas treats?
There are lots of delicious options! Some ideas include peppermint bark, white chocolate popcorn, and gingerbread cookies.
Are there any tips for making Christmas tree brownies even easier? You can try using a pre-made brownie mix instead of your own recipe. This will save time on the prep work. You can also enlist the help of your kids or other family members to assist with piping the frosting, adding candy canes, and cutting the brownies.
Did you enjoy our Christmas brownies?
If you really enjoyed these Brownie Trees, then please leave a comment below and let us know what you thought. These brownies are just a fun and festive treat to make over the holidays. Also, you can’t go wrong whenever you decorate these trees because there are so many options. Take a peek at all of our Christmas treats.
More holiday treats to enjoy…
- Christmas Cakesicles
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispies
- Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Peppermint Whoopie Pies
- Christmas Log Cake, Tree Stump Cake Tutorial
- Gingerbread Cookie Bites Recipe – Easy Christmas Cookies
- Peppermint Meringues
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Snowflakes
Christmas Tree Brownies
Christmas Tree Brownies are so easy to make. Simply shape the brownies into trees, add frosting, and decorate with sprinkles.
- 1 box brownie mix
- Ingredients on box - water, eggs, oil
- Buttercream frosting
- Green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, be sure to leave a little extra on the ends for handles to remove easily and spray lightly with cooking spray. The size of the pan will depend on what size the box of brownie mix calls for.
- Mix brownies according to directions on box
- Spread evenly in baking pan
- Bake according to brownie mix box directions
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Remove brownies from pan with foil and place on cutting board
- Cut brownies into 3 equal rows. TIP: cut with a plastic knife, it works the best, alternatively you can freeze the brownies for 15 minutes before cutting
- Then cut each row into triangles
- Insert straw into bottom for holding
- In a medium bowl, beat together ingredients for buttercream frosting and tint with green food coloring
- Add green frosting to a piping bag fitted with a round or star tip
- Pipe frosting onto brownie trees in a zigzag pattern
- Then immediately add sprinkles
- Store in airtight container in a single layer until ready to serve