Halloween season is here and this Chocolate Haunted House was made for families like yours! You’ve done the gingerbread house thing, but now it’s time to build a haunted house that the kids will LOVE! You can decorate this house to be as spooky as you’d like!
It’s fun to step outside the normal everyday traditions and try something new. For families who are starting new traditions or want to add a little something extra to their spooky season, this chocolate house mold is for you!
This house is made with chocolate, but decorated with really fun decor that makes it just a little more haunted than normal every day houses that you decorate.
Using ghosts, goblins, bats, and cats – oh my, you’re going to bring this house to life with fun Halloween decor. Throw a few pumpkins on the front porch of the haunted house made of chocolate and this house will be 100% ready for the upcoming Hocus Pocus holiday.
Chocolate Haunted House: Ingredients & Decorations
The ingredients to this Chocolate Haunted House are so much fun. You’ll love the whole process from making the haunted house to decorating it!
- Black Candy Melts: The black candy melts are going to give you the outside haunted look of the house! Black is the goal when you’re trying for a “spookier” looking house.
- Gingerbread House Mold: You’ll be using our Gingerbread House Mold to create this Chocolate Haunted House.
- Sprinkles: Haunted House & Halloween Candies: Adding the sprinkles to the chocolate house will be the perfect decor! Make sure to use Halloween edible decoration for this house.
- Luxe Glitter: Mercury: You’re going to need the glitter to help decorate the house!
- Our Glitter Brush set: For “painting” on your glitter dust (in style!).
- Our Luster Dust Paint Tray: An easy way to keep all the edible glitter colors separate, organized, and mess-free.
- Lemon Extract: You’ll use the lemon extract to mix with the edible glitter.
- Piping bags: You’ll need piping bags to help you “glue” the chocolate pieces of your house together with melted chocolate.
- 12inch or larger round cake board: It’s just a simple board to help you set the house on.
- Pumpkin Cupcake Toppers: Your kids will love these Pumpkin Cupcake Toppers to go right by the house to help bring it to life.
If you’d like to just purchase everything in one go, then go ahead and grab our Chocolate Haunted House Kit.
Chocolate Haunted House: FAQs
How do I make the chocolate haunted house?
Taking the gingerbread house tutorial and creating a haunted house.
How long will it take the chocolate pieces to dry once you’ve added the glitter?
You’ll need about 30 minutes after you’ve added the glitter.
What’s another way I can glue the house together?
If you don’t want to use piping bags, then you can easily use a bakers’ blow torch or hot plate to speed up the assembly process. You will need to be able to melt the chocolate together though, that’s what will build the house and the foundation.
Ready to make a chocolate haunted house?
If you’re looking for something fun to do with the family, then it makes complete sense to grab your favorite Chocolate Molds and get to work on making this Chocolate Haunted House. Make sure you leave a comment below if you decide to make the spooky version of this edible house!