Our chocolate Easter eggs are another fantastic way to celebrate the advent of spring! Chocolate-coated and super adorable, they’re a fun twist on cakesicles and suitable for grown-ups and kids alike.
Cakesicles are very trendy right now, but even if they weren’t, we’d love them! Nothing quite like a cake pop taken to the next level, right? And that’s what a cakesicle is—a bigger cake pop, generally on a popsicle stick, and given a cute shape…
…much like Easter eggs, for instance. Our chocolate Easter eggs are, essentially, slightly modified cakesicles in a perfectly precious, well, Easter egg shape. We’ve talked about Easter cakesicles before, and these are a similar concept! They’re candy-coated with cake inside. For these, however, you don’t add a popsicle stick at the end. You can just chow down!
When you make all the other sweet Easter treats we’ve taught you about—you are going to make them, yes?!—add these to the mix, too. Give them to your loved ones, while you’re at it! You’re going to get some smiles, no matter if the recipient is big or small.
Chocolate Easter Eggs: Ingredients & Supplies
To make these homemade Easter eggs, you’ll need…
- Prepared cake: These chocolate Easter eggs are a bit like our cakesicles, as we said before. That means you’ll need…well, cake for the middle of the eggs! You can make your cake from a mix, or use our vanilla cake recipe if you’re feeling like prepping everything from scratch!
- White almond bark: When melted, these form the outer coating of your Easter eggs.
- Pastel candy melts: Any color is fine, but we tend to choose pastel ones for those springtime vibes! These will make the adorable “details” on the outside of your Easter eggs.
- Our Luxe Glitter dust: Edible glitter? Don’t mind if we do! You’ll dust your eggs with this silver dust and make them sparkly-shiny, perfect for that sense of newness you feel every Easter/spring! (It’s really pretty, too.)
- Our Bunny Hop sprinkles mix: These sugar crystals also look perfectly adorable on chocolate Easter eggs.
- Our Easter egg cake mold: Absolutely crucial for this recipe/tutorial! It’ll be very hard for you to make the egg shape without it, let alone add the details! If you try to make these without a mold, you may end up with a similar shape to…er, those Reese’s peanut butter cup Easter egg candies, except melted. Not as fun!
- Glitter paint brush: The easiest way to put on the Luxe Glitter, if you choose to use it!
- Easter party supplies: Alright, not mandatory, but let’s face it, you’re going to want to make these for an Easter get-together. They’re just too cute!
Chocolate Easter Eggs: FAQs
We’ve gathered up a few questions we’ve gotten about this recipe right here!
How do you make cakesicles, anyway?
Our tried-and-true cakesicle tutorial is the best way we’ve found to put them together.
What’s the best way to get the pastel candy melts perfectly into the details of the mold?
If you use our mold, the easiest way to get the colored candy into those nooks and crannies is to use a teeny-tiny baker’s paintbrush.
How do you get the sprinkles to stay on the eggs after they’re done/cooled?
Again, you’ll want that baker’s paintbrush! Get some white melted chocolate and use it as “glue” to add the sprinkles on.
Besides cake, is there any other filling you recommend for these homemade Easter eggs?
An edible dough of any kind is super, super tasty, too!
Did you enjoy our tutorial for white chocolate Easter eggs?
They’re a fun spin on our cakesicles, right?! And fitting for any Easter party or get-together, even if it’s just for you and a few of your buddies! Comment down below with your thoughts on our homemade Easter eggs. Did you enjoy them? Did you have any trouble with the recipe? We’d love to hear from you!
Other Easter recipes here on Sweets and Treats…
Here at Sweets and Treats, we feel sometimes like Easter needs to step its sweets game up…and so we love posting about new, unique Easter treat ideas! Here are a few others you’ll love:
- Bunny Bait
- Easy Swirly Pastel Easter Cupcakes
- Easter Cakesicles and Cake
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Gift Basket Ideas