Behold the solution to all of your chocolate cravings…recipe for brownie bites! If you keep a list of your favorite quick-and-easy sweets, these utterly simple chocolately bites will rise to the top before long. Anyone who tries these rich and flavorful bite size desserts will surely devour them all in an instant—even you. Trust us on that!
Not to mention the perfect, fun sized shapes are perfect for an elegant touch to any dessert table. To save time and to be consistent, we used a silicone mold!
This brownie bites recipe is just like those wonderful little packaged bites you can get at the grocery store…you know the ones! Except these are homemade, of course, so they taste better. Not to mention you can bake them to your preferences and decorate them in the most adorable way possible. (If you need ideas, we have a whole section on decoration, as always!)
Best of all? These chocolatey mouthfuls of heaven take less than an hour to make, from prep to baking. That’s a win in our book!
Can’t wait to get started? Read on and learn about the best recipe for brownie bites ever!
What will I need to make these brownies?
As you’ll see down below in the recipe, all the ingredients and baking tools needed are 100% standard. You can get them at any grocery store or easily order them online. Cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs…even if you’re a beginner when it comes to baking, most of these ingredients are probably no-brainers!
It’s the same with utensils, too: a microwave safe bowl, some non-stick cooking spray, etc. Easy stuff! However, there is one tool, in particular, we highly recommend to make this MUCH easier and faster to make….
What kind of pan do I use to make this recipe?
For that perfect shape, you’re going to want a square silicone mold. You may remember us recommending this same mold in our Hot Chocolate Stirrers Recipe. If you grabbed the mold for that post, use it again!
Even if you don’t care about the shape of your brownies, these molds make removing them ten times easier. You don’t have to cut them out of a pan or try to pry them out of a muffin tin. The silicone simplifies the process.
So the best kind of pan to use…is not a pan at all! If you are in a pinch though, spray a mini cupcake pan for a perfectly sized round version. It may not be as cute as these square ones but if consistency in size is important, that’s a really good substitute when in a bind.
How To Make Brownie Bites Recipe
Makes 30 – Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly spray square silicone mold with non-stick cooking spray (or mini muffin pan)
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, butter, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth and creamy
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon small amount of batter into prepared silicone mold, fill about ½ full
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean
- Remove from heat and cool completely on wire rack
- Pop out of mold
- Fill decorator bag fitted with #1M tip with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (or chocolate ganache!)
- Pipe frosting onto each brownie bite and add Rainbow Bright Sprinkles
- Store in airtight container
Recipe Allergy Info
You may see a few potential allergens on the ingredients list. While we’re not experts on food allergies by any means, we can say that gluten-free flour should still work just fine in this brownie bites recipe in place of all-purpose wheat flour. Additionally, as you’ll see, the walnuts we suggest as an ingredient are optional—those are there for nut-lovers only and are unnecessary for flavor or texture.
When do you suggest making this recipe for brownie bites?
Many of our recipes are great for just about any occasion, depending on what kind of sprinkles or frosting you use. Bite-sized desserts in particular are great for parties, especially on a dessert platter. They’re just so cute and dainty, and they appeal to a wide variety of tastes.
Kids in particular love brownie bites too, because they’re, well, kid-sized! One chomp and they’re gone. Throw them in with your kiddo’s lunch for school or summer camp, or whip up a batch for their visiting friends. They’ll adore these square bites.
What are some serving/decoration ideas for this brownie bites recipe?
Now for the best part of any Sweets and Treats blog post…the serving and decoration ideas! Read on for some sugary inspiration…
Frosting Your Brownies
We recommend chocolate frosting or buttercream frosting…or mixing the two to create dark chocolate buttercream frosting! Lucky for you, we have a wonderful recipe right here on the blog to make homemade dark chocolate buttercream frosting.
Other Toppings For Brownie Bites
Besides frosting, you can also…
- Dust your brownies with powdered sugar.
- Top them with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge drizzle to create cake sundaes.
- Layer on your favorite sprinkles! We highly recommend any of the sprinkles in our Rainbow Sprinkles Set…so you might as well grab them all!
Brownie Bites: Other Tips & Tricks
Here are a few miscellaneous tips about this recipe.
- We do not recommend refrigerating brownie bites for very long, as they will generally dry out.
- However, you can freeze them in a resealable bag or container. Just thaw them and they’ll be ready to go for any emergency get-together!
- If your brownies turned out hard, try reducing the bake time to see if it helps.
- Don’t have unsalted butter? Or maybe you can’t find it—which tends to be the case outside the US? You can use salted butter! Just take the added salt out of the recipe.
We’d love to hear from you about our recipe!
Don’t run off just yet! We know you’re excited to put together this fabulously easy recipe for brownie bites, but before you go, we just want to say…
Remember to leave a comment down below after you’ve tried out this brownie bites recipe! We always want your feedback. Was the recipe just what you were looking for? Was it delicious? Or did it leave something to be desired for you? Did you make any substitutions or get creative with the decorations? Do you have any questions for us? We read every comment and try to respond to all of them, so fire away, lovely bakers!
More delectable treats and sweets on our blog…
Listen…we all get those cravings for chocolate, right? And when you need some luxurious, tasty satisfaction for that craving, it may just be time to check out (and try!) a few of our other chocolate-based recipes. Here are some of our absolute faves…