This blue lagoon drink recipe is just what the summer ordered! Dress this cocktail up with a sprinkle rim and glitter shimmer for the perfect touch on this pool side drink.
Summertime drink recipes are such a popular theme during hot summer months. Our first in a series of glitter cocktail recipes, you’ll love this tasty drink for mermaid bachelorette parties or birthday parties.
Glitter cocktails add a punch of shimmer to an otherwise transparent liquid. Have fun adding this recipe to any ocean themed event.
How To Make A Blue Lagoon Drink Recipe
Blue Lagoon Glitter Drink Ingredients
- Blue Moon sprinkles
- Crushed ice cubes
- Caribbean Luxe Glitter
- 4oz lemonade
- 1oz vodka
- 1oz blue curacao
Glitter Cocktail Steps
- Rim cocktail glass with sprinkles. You can learn how to here.
- Fill the glass with ice depending on the size. More for a hurricane glass, less for cocktail glass.
- Either layer spirits in the list above or take a cocktail shaker with ice and add lemonade, vodka, blue curaçao and shake well.
- Scoop a small amount of Luxe Glitter to your glass with ice, then pour the cocktail drink mixture to the glass.
- Garnish the edge of the glass with citrus fruit if desired.
Blue Lagoon Drink Recipe FAQs
What order do the ingredients need to be poured in?
While the order isn’t as important for this glitter drink recipe, we find that adding the glitter before the liquid helps mix the ingredients without using a spoon.
How can I change up the recipe for different party themes?
Our favorite part of making glitter drink recipes is that you can swap out the cocktail glitter colors and sprinkles to match whatever party theme you are serving.
How can I make this non-alcoholic?
If you are looking for a fun glitter drinks without the alcohol, try a flavored seltzer water and blue coloring for the drink for a dark blue. Otherwise, our Luxe Glitters already have coloring in them so any clear liquid will work. Do note that adding a colored liquid like pineapple juice will alter the shade of blue that the drink ends up being.