It’s no secret we love baking cake mix cookies. They are just so darn easy, quick, and yummy. They are a hands-down winner in the shop and in our homes so it’s only natural we love to share different birthday cake mix cookie recipe ideas here on the blog like these lemon cookies, or these strawberry cookies. There’s just something about sprinkles on top of cookies that get us so excited! While the other flavors are great for a regular occasion, we had to bring you one for those very special days, the kind that only come around once a year. Today’s easy recipe just might be our most favorite ever, funfetti cake mix cookies recipe!
What Are Birthday Cake Cookies?
Everyday is somebody’s birthday right? Sometimes baking and icing a cake is way too much work to do in a pinch. Storage, keeping cool, and you don’t want anybody keeping your cake container do you? Seriously though, it’s somebody’s birthday every day so these cookies are a great way to celebrate a special occasion without taking up too much room. This recipe is basically a birthday cake in itty bitty, tiny size. Easy to carry, present, and store!
This Funfetti cake mix cookies recipe was inspired by our new sprinkles and our love for, well, the namesake! Since the moment we created this new colorful sprinkle mix we wanted to create lots of birthday treats with it. With all the bright colors and cute little white star quins, these sprinkles scream happiness, but then again so does a birthday cake. Match made in heaven if you ask us. And here is our very first treat with the new sprinkle blend, so grab some NEW birthday rainbow sprinkles, the Funfetti cake mix cookies recipe below, and bake up some happy birthday magic!
Can I Use White Cake Mix For These Cookies?
For this recipe, we have used white and Funfetti interchangeably. White will allow our rainbow sprinkles to be front and center but a Funfetti box that already has them mixed in would be perfect for our sprinkles to be rolled in or perfectly topped on. Is there even such a thing as too many sprinkles??
These cake mix cookies taste just like your favorite Funfetti Cookies but with long, crunch jimmies mixed in or topped with! It’s the best of both birthday worlds! And we all know how much everyone love the classic cake batter flavor.
The good thing about these types of cookies is that you can mix as much or as little of the sprinkles inside of the mix and for the topping as well. Play around with the amounts for the perfect look for your upcoming event! These would be perfect for a coworker birthday celebration too! Change up by picking a different flavor of box mix and different sprinkles for a concoction all your own.
Learn how to make cookies from cake mix using our favorite recipe below!
How to Make Birthday Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box White or Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Birthday Cake Sprinkle Mix
- In a large bowl or using your stand mixer, mix together dry cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. It will become a soft dough. A hand mixer would work well for this recipe too.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Scoop with cookie dough scoop onto baking sheet with parchment paper. For more symmetrical cookies roll each cookie dough scoop into a smooth ball. Add some extra sprinkles to top if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 12 minutes on parchment paper lined baking sheet. The cookies will puff up in the oven and then come back down while cooling.
- Place on cooling rack until cool enough to sneak some bites!
No matter what your favorite box of mix is, this great recipe will quickly become your favorite. There are so many flavors of mixes that you are going to have a blast making up new flavors!
Love This Easy Birthday Cake Cookies Recipe? Check Some Other Sweet Inspiration!
- Cookie Monster Party Ideas
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- White Chocolate Chip Cookie With Circus Cookie Sprinkles
- Sprinkle Cheesecake Mousse
- Easy Cakey Batter Fudge Recipe [No Bake With Sprinkles!]
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Packed with Sprinkles
- White Chocolate Chip Cookie [With Circus Cookie Sprinkles!]
- Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie with Chocolate Sprinkles
- Red Velvet Cookie Recipe