Chocolate bark…you know it and love it! But did you know that you can make a special marble and layered birthday cake chocolate bark recipe for someone’s birthday…in under twenty minutes…with just a few ingredients…in the most simple way possible? This is a chocolate bark recipe that will change your life!
We’d jump for joy if we received chocolate bark on our birthday, which is why we put together this recipe. Colorful sprinkles and an easily-made treat…what’s not to love? If you need a quick snack for an upcoming party, or just want to surprise your favorite friend, coworker, mentor, etc with a fun homemade bundle of sweets—this post is for you!
As with many of our recipes, this chocolate bark is highly customizable with any sprinkles that may catch your eye. Check out the extra thick bark pieces layered with pops of color! Today, we want to focus on the whole ‘birthday’ aspect of it. Let’s celebrate your special day (or your loved one’s special day)!
Birthday Cake Chocolate Bark Recipe
Prep and cook time: 20 mins
Yield: 15-25+ pieces, depending on how you break the bark
- 1 package (16 oz) dark almond bark
- 1 bag (12 oz) pink candy melts
- 1 bag (12 oz) yellow candy melts
- Candy Melts – variety of colors – we used blue, white, purple, orange
- Sugar Skull Sprinkles
Note: You can easily double or triple this recipe…or more! Have a birthday bark bonanza!
Utensils & Other Items
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Spatula (for spreading chocolate)
- Parchment Paper
- Baking tray
How To Make Marble Chocolate Bark
- Draw a rectangle on parchment paper, this is optional but it helps to keep the edges of the bark level
- Turn paper over and line baking sheet
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate almond bark and heat for 1 minute
- Stir and continue heating for 30 seconds until chocolate is almost completely melted, leaving a few small pieces.
- Stir until completely melted
- Spread evenly onto parchment paper
- Let set 10-15 minutes until completely hard
- Repeat heating process with pink candy melts
- Spread evenly onto parchment paper
- Repeat heating process with yellow candy melts
- Add about ½ cup of candy melts to separate bowls
- Heat using the same process as above
- When the yellow and all colors are completely melted, be sure they are all smooth and thin
- This step will go super fast, so have all the tools and sprinkles ready before adding the candy melts
- Quickly spread the yellow chocolate and immediately add spoonfuls of colored candy melts
- Swirl together with an offset spatula
- Immediately add sprinkles
- Let dry 10-15 minutes
- Break into pieces
- Store in airtight container
Easy, right? This is one of our most favorite quick recipes ever!
Birthday Chocolate Bark Recipe: Tips & Tricks
Now it’s time for the best part of the post…decoration inspiration! The sky is truly the limit with this chocolate bark. You can find sprinkles for any kind of birthday, like…
Other rainbow/multicolored sprinkles for a gender-neutral birthday or other celebration:
For a boy’s birthday:
For a girl’s birthday:
While birthdays are our topic of the day, you can also throw together layered chocolate bark themed for your other most favorite holidays, like…
- For Halloween-themed bark: See our recipe here!
- For patriotic-themed bark: See our recipe here (which includes pretzels, yum)!
You get the idea! As always, we encourage you to express yourself and be as creative as possible.
And now that you know how to customize your candy bark… here are a few other tips and tricks to get your birthday cake chocolate bark recipe just right!
- If you don’t have almond bark on hand, you can use chocolate chips, baking chocolate, etc. We just find almond bark the easiest to use and the most common thing folks have in their pantry!
- Just for the sake of not burning yourself or the chocolate by accident…we wouldn’t use any kind of bowl that gets too hot! Avoid glass, for example. Microwavable paper or plastic bowls are good, though!
Did you enjoy this birthday cake chocolate bark recipe?
This is truly one of the easiest treats ever to make, but it’s sure to make a lot of people in your life very happy! (Especially if it’s their special day.) Comment down below with your chocolate bark experience, or if you just want to talk to us about how much you love chocolate, we’re okay with that too!
We have lots more to discover on the blog!
Need more chocolatey desserts in your life? Of course, you do! (Who doesn’t?!) Check out these recipes for sweet inspiration: