Looking for how to make almond cupcake frosting? You’ve come to the right place! Our best cupcake frosting recipe is perfectly creamy and crusting perfection for all of your cupcake recipes.
As the leading source for greaseproof cupcake liners in the country, it’s safe to say we have a passion for cupcakes! We will never tire of seeing their cute little selves come out of the oven with their liners still shining brightly. Though we have to admit the next part is pretty darn fun as well, frosting the cupcakes, then sprinkles! But with all of the yummy cupcakes we share with you guys here we’ve never shared our favorite go-to easy almond cupcake frosting recipe. Today we change that!
Homemade cupcake frosting is so good, and the very best to pipe with. This is our very favorite recipe because it reminds us of all those wedding cakes we’ve tasted over the years. There’s just a perfect hint of almond in this frosting to bring us back to the old days.
Easy buttercream icing really is the perfect foundation for a delicious cupcake. Once you realize just how easy is it to make you’ll never go back to store bought again. We have tweaked this recipe over the years to make the perfect crusting cupcake icing. After All, this helps them hold our sprinkles on top perfectly too!
Best Cupcake Frosting Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter – room temperature
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 6-8 tbsp whole milk or heavy cream – we don’t recommend water or low fat milk because the cupcake frosting won’t be as creamy
You can really use any flavor extract but this one really punches up the flavor especially if you are looking for something a little different than a typical buttercream icing that uses vanilla like our buttercream frosting recipe.
Cupcake Frosting Steps
- In a large mixing bowl beat softened butter until creamy. We much prefer our stand mixer but you could also use a heavy duty hand mixer. A must is a silicon edge paddle attachment because it scrapes so much better than a regular metal attachment.
- Add almond extract and beat until combined.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time beating in between.
- Add milk 1 tbsp at a time beating in between until you have reached desired consistency.
- Beat for an additional 1-5 minutes until frosting it light and fluffy. This is also the step where you would add food coloring if needed. How else would those Unicorn birthday cakes get their colorful mane?! Another option for food coloring in the buttercream frosting is to line the piping bag with food coloring for a perfect swirl of color as it comes out of the bag.
This cupcake frosting recipe is so easy and the best buttercream frosting for cupcakes we’ve ever used. Mix up a batch and let us know what you think! We keep it on hand in our fridge for cakes and other sweets as well. With this recipe, you’ll be an expert cake decorator in no time!
SHOP THESE CUPCAKE FROSTING SUPPLIES!
Cupcake Liners – Pink Stripe
Sprinkles – Unicorn Cake
Love This Easy Cupcake Frosting Recipe? Check Some Other Sweet Inspiration!
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe From Scratch
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies With Circus Cookie Sprinkles
- Sprinkle Cheesecake Mousse
- Easy Cake Batter Fudge Recipe [No Bake With Sprinkles!]
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Packed with Sprinkles
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies [With Circus Cookie Sprinkles!]
- Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chocolate Sprinkles